Glynn County Commissioners will consider adopting revised hurricane evacuation zones when they meet tonight at the Old County Courthouse.
The review, recommended by the Glynn County Emergency Planning Committee, calls for phased evacuations from barrier islands. The change also adds an additional zone in the event of a parallel storm.
A public hearing will also be held to determine the requested rezoning of a 22.4 acre parcel of forest agricultural land to R-20 single family residential with a minimum lot size of 20,000 square feet.
Commissioners will also make two appointments to the Glynn County Board of Tax Assessors and four appointments to the Glynn Marshes Library Board.
The Consent Agenda includes:
• Acceptance of a community development block grant to help America’s Second Harvest develop its local infrastructure capacity.
• Approve the allocation of $100,000 in funds provided by the American Rescue Plan Act for the Emergency Home Repair Program. The maximum allocation is $10,000 per property.
• Prior approval to issue purchase orders for fleet vehicles and request waiver of minimum three quote requirement for non-state contract vehicles if county is unable to obtain quotes. The request is made due to the lack of inventory at dealerships and the delay in the arrival of vehicles.
• Allow the Golden Isles Kingfish Tournament to use Gascoigne Bluff Park on August 19 for its annual event at no charge.
• Renewal of the marina lease for Blythe Island Regional Park.
• Approval of a contract with the Department of Correctional Services for two work details at a cost of $49,318 per year for each detail.
• Approval of an agreement with Professional Land and Timber Services, Inc. of Brunswick to provide forestry consulting services for Blythe Island Regional Park.
• Acceptance of an $86,400 recommendation for drainage improvements on Coquina Drive and Coquina Circle on St. Simons Island.
• Awarding of the Neptune Park bollard replacement project to HDI Power and Controls Co. of Screven for an amount of $135,894 and an additional $44,125 to sand and repaint benches and garbage cans.