The Regional District of Strathcona, Kyuquot Community Association, Ka:’yu:’k’t’h’/Che:k:tles7et’h’ First Nations and Emergency Management BC are encouraging residents of Kyuquot to participate in a self-guided hike go on a hike anytime on Sunday, April 10 and enter to win great prizes!
It’s easy, hike to a place safe from tsunamis, take a selfie and post it on Twitter or Facebook to enter and win prizes.
How to enter:
1. At your own pace, travel to one of the tsunami-safe staging areas in Kyuquot. Either Kyuquot Community Hall, Kyuquot Elementary High School, or another elevated location. Not sure which areas are outside of the tsunami flood zone? See tsunami inundation maps available at https://srd.ca/tsunami-resources-maps.
2. Take a selfie on safe ground to prove you were there.
3. Post your selfie to Twitter or Facebook. Tag @PreparedBC and use the hashtag #HighGroundSelfie22, and you’ll be entered to win one of 47 PreparedBC prizes.
4. Also use the hashtag #KyuquotHGH to win additional prizes.
When you tag @PreparedBC and use the hashtag #HighGroundSelfie22, you’ll be entered to win:
– two preparation kits for four
– four preparation kits for two
– five phone charger kits
– six on-the-go starter kits
– 10 waterproof headlamps
– 20 telephone banks
Add the hashtag #KyuquotHGH to your post and you’ll be entered to win additional prizes:
– A case of canned emergency water with a shelf life of 50 years
– Crank/battery/solar radio
– WorkSafeBC Basic First Aid Kit
– One of the two PreparedBC backpacks
Proof of residency will be required to claim these prizes.
For complete contest rules, visit: www.preparedbc.ca/highgroundhike.
Emergency PreparednessStrathcona Regional DistrictTsunami