New Delhi: It’s an easy way to make potato twists. Fine cut and even sliced. Without the use of expensive machinery. With just a skewer and a sharp knife, you can create a side dish that’s fun to make and eat, with tons of nooks and crannies to season with all your favorite dishes.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons corn flour
- salt as needed
- oregano as needed
- 3 teaspoons garlic mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons coriander leaves
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the garlic mayonnaise, salt, chili powder, pepper, cumin powder, ginger paste, melted butter and corn flour.
- Wash and peel the skin of the potatoes. Insert the skewer lengthwise from the middle of the potato. With a sharp knife, start slicing the potato from one end. Don’t slice it all the way to the middle to cut the piece, slice until it’s slightly in the middle and continue to rotate the potato while slicing to create a spiral slice. Gently open the half-joined slices to create an open spiral on the skewer.
- Using a pastry brush or spoon, generously coat the spiralized potatoes with the prepared dressing on all sides.
- Heat a flat pan with cooking oil (enough to cover the bottom of the pan) and place each potato tornado in the heated oil. Continue to spin spiral to cook potatoes evenly on all sides until brown and crispy.
- Drizzle some extra garlic mayonnaise on top, along with chopped cilantro and oregano. Be sure to try the recipe, like it, rate it, and let us know how it went in the comments section below.