Petron Corp. said on Monday that almost all of its stations that suffered damage in the Visayas and Mindanao were fully restored and operational less than a month since the onslaught of Typhoon Odette (international name Rai).
Some stations in Bohol, Cebu and Siargao, among the areas hardest hit by the typhoon, are still being repaired. Despite the power outages, most Petron stations were still able to operate using generators.
Petron field crews worked twice to expedite the restoration and reopening of stations that had to close for damage assessment and repair, the oil company said.
Petron terminals have been working around the clock to meet growing demand, climbing nearly 200% in some affected areas. Additional tankers have been deployed to speed up the delivery process and reach more customers. It has also made other adjustments, such as securing alternative source factories to ensure continuous and uninterrupted resupply of products.
The oil company said it remains in close coordination with its concessionaires to ensure order and compliance at its stations. Through its local teams, dealers and LGUs, Petron was able to identify the pressing concerns of vulnerable communities in the typhoon-hit areas.
The company, through its Petron Foundation and terminals, had already distributed canned food in Mandaue and Mactan to around 3,700 families.
Petron had previously assured the public that it is building its product inventory to meet the high demand for fuel, especially from government agencies crucial in recovery and cleanup efforts, as well as hospitals, power plants, airports, facilities. water, among others.